Posted 1/19/2021 at 12:00 PMCongratulate our top performers
Thank you to all our providers for your hard work in the Healthfirst Quality Incentive Program. Below are some of our key achievements. We would also like to recognize the top performers from the 2019 HQIP for achieving the highest overall quality ratings among their peers.
Here are a few key highlights:
- We outperformed other New York health plans on quality measures for preventive and chronic care. As such, we ranked number one among all 15 New York State Medicaid plans in overall quality, achieving a perfect score in clinical quality (HEDIS).1
- We achieved a 4-Star Medicare rating (out of 5 stars) for 2021 from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the second consecutive year,2 highlighting the high-quality care and services that we continue to provide to our Medicare members.
- We continue to help members take proactive steps in their healthcare through preventive screenings and diabetes management. We ranked in the 90th percentile for 2019 performance on seven related HEDIS measures for Medicaid members.3
- Our Medicare members continue to receive needed support from Healthfirst providers on how to reduce fall risks, improve physical activity, and improve bladder control. We were the only health plan in NYC to achieve 5-Stars for those measures in the 2019 Health Outcomes Survey for Medicare.
- We continue to provide better access to care, as we’ve shown significant improvements in the Getting Care Needed measure from the 2019 Adult Medicaid CAHPS survey.2
1 According to New York State Department of Health’s 2019 Quality Incentive results.
2 The rating is based on member experience in receiving quality care and services in 2019 and early 2020.
3 Reflects performance from 2018 and 2019.